Friday, October 07, 2005

unsolicited advice

good advice is most effective if you actually follow it. i was skimming through my college yearbook and i picked up this message/advice from my big soul sister, Ms. Jean Lee, who is the moderator for our college paper. there's probably something for you in there, too.

let's see what i've accomplished so far:

1. "make a life, not just a living."
right now, i'm still struggling to keep a job i do not enjoy because i have almost zero savings for the past year. i'll get there somehow.

2. "when dealing with people, be honest and be kind."
i am too honest for my own good, i think. many people hate me for saying hurtful things even if they were true. just ask my siblings.
as for being kind, i don't like being too nice. i just hate it when people take advantage of me.

3. "follow your heart"
been there. done that. following your heart means being vulnerable to pain as well. it's worth it, probably, but it's a lesson you have to learn the hard way.

4. "it's not what other people say about you, it's what you say about yourself;
it's not what happens to you that counts, it's what you do about it that matters."

i'll say it again, I am bigger than the cirscumstances surrounding my life.

5. "there are always many sides to the truth and alternative solutions to a problem."
the best lesson i learned so far. never jump to consclusions. assume nothing.

6. "last but not least: God and you, together, are bigger than it all"
this last one i'm still trying to understand.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aiai said...

Tal...

www.eragonmovie.com...

Sheeeeet...

Now for the comments.

#1. I'm making neither sa subong.
#2. Ako man, ang gwa daw tactlessa ko. Hehe.
#3. Hmm... Wala pa.
#4. Kis-a, ga mind ko ya! Hehe.
#5. I agree!
#6. Tuod gid na. =) Accept the Lord as your personal Savior. Have faith in God. =)

Miss you na gid! Haiii!

20/10/05 2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home